What is WordPress failed to write file to disk error?
- WordPress failed to write to disk.
- WordPress has failed to upload due to an error failed to write file to disk.
- Unable to create a directory wp-content/uploads/2018/10. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
What Causes the WordPress failed to write file to disk error
- Due to following reasons failed to write the file to disk error in WordPress is caused.
- You set Invalid permissions for the files and the folders.
- Your disk quota has no space for the media files.
- Outdated plugins or some plugins cause problems.
Also Read: How to Fix a 502 Bad Gateway Error in WordPress
Check the Permissions of the Upload Folder
Check Permissions with FTP Client
To change the permission of the files or folders of the website use the FTP client. First, you have to log in to your WordPress root folder with FTP then click on the WP-content folder and select the option file permissions. A window will pop up on the screen.
Check Permissions Using cPanel File Manager
Also Read: How to Detect and Clean WordPress Malware Redirect