Choosing the right WordPress theme for your website is one of the most difficult and important decisions you need to make. Even if you find a theme that’s great and has all the features you want, you still need to make sure it’s safe for you. If you find a secure WordPress theme that meets all of your criteria, you’ve found a winner.
Why it is important to use a secure WordPress theme
- Pirated WordPress theme can be infected with a virus or malware.
- Old themes can cause compatibility issue with WordPress or other plugins.
- Outdated WordPress Themes often contain vulnerabilities which cause security issues.
How to find out you are using secure WordPress theme
Direct Support From the Developers
Information About Theme Developers
Theme Popularity with Users
How to choose a secure WordPress theme
Free or Paid
Find Out About the Theme
- When was the theme created and when was it last updated?
- Does it have good reviews and what comments does it have?
- Which functions does the theme bring and are they already available e.g. in the free version or only with a paid upgrade?
- If you want to integrate a shop, make sure that your theme is compatible with Woo commerce.
- If you want to design your page with a page builder, make sure that one is included in the theme.
- Look at the demo pages.
- Watch YouTube videos where the operation is explained. Do you find it easy and user-friendly to handle?